Bienvenue en New Orleans!

INSPIRE was born out of a dream that God would take a bunch of average, ordinary, messed-up people & do something great through them. We want to live like Jesus, for Jesus... No games. No hype, No pretense. Just Jesus. We ain't there yet, by a long shot, but we'd love for you to take the journey with us! - Pastor Jeff

Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Waiting Game

OK. Confession time.

If you don't know me, then you probably have no idea that I'm a huge Michigan football fan. (If you DO know me, then you probably DO know that.)

The last several years have been HARD to be a fan! It started back during the last several years of Lloyd Carr's regime, when he managed to squeeze annual top-5 recruiting classes into 7-5 seasons that included at least one loss to someone who never should've even been one the field with Michigan. Hello, App State?

It got so bad that I actually went on strike the last 3 years of Lloyd's tenure, refusing to buy any UofM gear (& I'm sure UofM athletics felt the sting of my wrath).

But then Lloyd retired.

And then Rich Rodriguez was hired.

Truthfully, I was super-excited about RichRod (that was, however, before I knew justnhow bad things would get).

Truthfully, I was sad to see him fired (I feel like he got shafted from day 1).

Truthfully, I am ready to see good football in maize & blue again (like something less than 40 points scored by everybody but the Lakeside State School for Girls... Who only scored 38).

Truthfully, I wouldn't have minded Jim Harbaugh. Or maybe Brady Hoke. (But, O Lord, PLEASE not Les Miles!!)

I noticed that Urban Meyer is currently unemployed... I'm just sayin.

So there's only one major bowl game left for the 2010-2011 season: the BCS championship tomorrow night.

But all of us Michigan fans are playing another game...

The Waiting Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment