Bienvenue en New Orleans!

INSPIRE was born out of a dream that God would take a bunch of average, ordinary, messed-up people & do something great through them. We want to live like Jesus, for Jesus... No games. No hype, No pretense. Just Jesus. We ain't there yet, by a long shot, but we'd love for you to take the journey with us! - Pastor Jeff

Sunday, August 18, 2013

And Then it Hit Me...

One of the most-difficult things I've had to learn is to be content where I am.

I am a goal-oriented person, & severely driven (yes, I meant to say "severely"). While that has it's advantages, it has its disadvantages, too.

The same drive that helps me reach my goals can cause me to get frustrated & discouraged when I don't see "enough" progress toward those goals.

Full disclosure: "enough progress" is completely subjective & subject to my mood at the moment... Another disadvantage of being so driven.

So, having said that, I have gotten used to frustration & discouragement.

In fact, if I can just be transparent for a moment, I get frustrated & discouraged every Sunday around 2 pm.

Well... I USED to.

See... I've KNOWN for a long time that I needed to learn how to be content, even while I remained focused.

This has NOT been easy for me.

But one of the things I've learned this past year is how to celebrate the successes I've experience. Not just my own personal successes, but the successes of our team--both as a whole AND as individuals.

And as I've learned to do THAT, something has changed... In me!

In fact, I wasn't really even thinking about it... Which is a miracle in & of itself, believe me!

I was just driving along, thinking about how much fun I'm having & how thankful I am for my church family.

And then it hit me...

I am FINALLY content where I am... Even though I have so much more I want to do!

I don't really know when it happened...

But I am SO glad it did!

No comments:

Post a Comment