Bienvenue en New Orleans!

INSPIRE was born out of a dream that God would take a bunch of average, ordinary, messed-up people & do something great through them. We want to live like Jesus, for Jesus... No games. No hype, No pretense. Just Jesus. We ain't there yet, by a long shot, but we'd love for you to take the journey with us! - Pastor Jeff

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tis Better to Learn & Learn Again... Than to Learn & Yet Forget

It seems like a lot of what God is teaching me lately are things He's already taught me before.

(Full Disclosure: If I'd learned it well enough already, He probably wouldn't HAVE to be teaching me again. But, I digress.)

So, on one of my many "take another lap" moments, I noticed that I was feeling really aggravated at myself. ("I know I'm thick-headed, God, but COME ON!")

And can you guess what God spoke to me?

Any idea?

If you said, "Not a dang thing!" you are today's big winner!

'Cause that is EXACTLY what He spoke to me: NOTHING!

Zip.

Zilch.

Nada.

El-ZERO-mundo!

So there I was, left with my thoughts.

And as I thought about it, I realized that some of the most-deeply felt lessons that have carved me out of the rock that I used to be were the ones that I didn't learn the first go-round.

Or the second.

Or the third.

And yet somewhere, someway,  some HOW, God managed to teach me something that has forever changed my life.

As the frustration started to ease, it occurred to me...

It truly is better to learn & learn again (& again & again & again)... Than to learn & yet forget.

Thank You, Lord, for not giving up on me!


No comments:

Post a Comment